Computing and ICT
The overall aim for Information and Communication Technology at Oakwood is to enrich learning for all pupils and to ensure that teachers develop confidence and competence to use Information and Communication Technology in the effective teaching of their subject.
Information and communication technology offers opportunities for pupils to:
- Develop their ICT capability and understand the importance of information and how to select and prepare it.
- Develop their skills in using hardware and software so as to enable them to manipulate information.
- Develop their ability to apply ICT capability and ICT to support their use of language and communication.
- Explore their attitudes towards ICT, its value for themselves, others and society, and their awareness of its advantages and limitations.
- Develop good Health and Safety attitudes and practice in relation to ICT.
Please view our Curriculum Maps and Policy for ICT by using the download buttons on this page.