Announcement - Monday 4th January 2021
Due to the governments announcement on 4th January 2021, England has been placed into a national lockdown and all schools will be closing, therefore all sites of Oakwood Academy will be closed from Tuesday 5th January. Your child will have access to remote learning starting from Wednesday 6th January.
Please access our remote learning information via our website, links for live lessons will be sent via class dojo. Any communication should be done via class dojo to your child’s form teacher.
Thank you Oakwood Academy
Dear Parents & Carers,
As a school we have made available remote learning packs for all classes. These are for pupils that are currently shielding / isolating or in the event of another school closure.
• Establish measures that will reduce the effects of being off school and try to minimize missed work across various subjects / qualifications in order to give pupils the best chance to show their full potential when they return to school
• Support pupils physical and social development, and mental wellbeing during school closure
What is the plan for remote learning?
• We would like pupils to engage in daily online lessons via zoom (see timetable below). This is an opportunity to address basic skills in each subject area and support pupils wellbeing.
• We would also like pupils to complete the ‘home learning menu’s’ with parents and carers at home. These menu tasks are planned to address curriculum content this year and support learning missed in school
Where can I find the ‘home learning menu’ for my child?
• All pupils have been issued with a remote learning book which has a paper copy of the home learning.
Session 1 – 10:00am until 11:00am
Session 2 – 11:00am until 11:40pm
Session 3 – 11:40pm until 12:20pm
Monday English PE / Personal Development carousel Art / Music carousel
Tuesday Maths PE / Personal Development carousel Technology carousel
Wednesday English PE / Personal Development carousel Art / Music carousel
Thursday Maths PE / Personal Development carousel Technology carousel
Friday Science PE / Personal Development carousel Humanities / Computing carousel
Assistant Head Teacher
Please can we remind all parents/carers that if you, your child or other household member are self-isolating and awaiting test results that you advise school of the result before sending your child back into school. We have had a number of pupils return to school when we are awaiting confirmation or test results this means we are unable to let your child back into their bubble until we are able to confirm the test result.
As always the safety of our staff and pupils is paramount and your support with this is greatly appreciated.