Return to School – Monday 8th March 2021
I would like to inform you as of Monday 8th March 2021 all children in all year groups at all sites will be required to return to school as advised by the Government unless your child has a shielding letter from the NHS.
Our pupils and staff wellbeing is important to us and therefore we are taking measures to make sure this transition runs smoothly.
Lateral flow COVID testing of all staff will continue to take place in school twice a week. When your child returns on 8th March they will be offered twice weekly lateral flow testing as long as we have parental consent to do so. Please see consent forms attached for you to sign and return with your child on Monday 8th March.
These measures will help to keep our school community as safe as possible. We will continue keeping our very tight restrictions in place and pupils will continue to be in their form bubbles. Due to new government guidance face coverings within classrooms will be optional for our pupils.
We look forward to welcoming all our children back into school.
Dear Parents & Carers,
As a school we have made available remote learning packs for all classes. These are for pupils that are currently shielding / isolating or in the event of another school closure.
• Establish measures that will reduce the effects of being off school and try to minimize missed work across various subjects / qualifications in order to give pupils the best chance to show their full potential when they return to school
• Support pupils physical and social development, and mental wellbeing during school closure
What is the plan for remote learning?
• We would like pupils to engage in daily online lessons via zoom (see timetable below). This is an opportunity to address basic skills in each subject area and support pupils wellbeing.
• We would also like pupils to complete the ‘home learning menu’s’ with parents and carers at home. These menu tasks are planned to address curriculum content this year and support learning missed in school
Where can I find the ‘home learning menu’ for my child?
• All pupils have been issued with a remote learning book which has a paper copy of the home learning.
Session 1 – 10:00am until 11:00am
Session 2 – 11:00am until 11:40pm
Session 3 – 11:40pm until 12:20pm
Monday English PE / Personal Development carousel Art / Music carousel
Tuesday Maths PE / Personal Development carousel Technology carousel
Wednesday English PE / Personal Development carousel Art / Music carousel
Thursday Maths PE / Personal Development carousel Technology carousel
Friday Science PE / Personal Development carousel Humanities / Computing carousel
Assistant Head Teacher
Please can we remind all parents/carers that if you, your child or other household member are self-isolating and awaiting test results that you advise school of the result before sending your child back into school. We have had a number of pupils return to school when we are awaiting confirmation or test results this means we are unable to let your child back into their bubble until we are able to confirm the test result.
As always the safety of our staff and pupils is paramount and your support with this is greatly appreciated.