Values & Ethos Mission Statement
Kings Academy Trust prides itself on its professionalism and the ability to put the needs of learners and staff first. We ensure that pupils are challenged so that they reach the highest expectations, but they do so in a nurturing and caring environment. We understand our learners and their needs and this is catered for in everything we do. We find the talents of our pupils and staff and ensure that they have every opportunity to develop that talent so that they can be the best and exceed all possible expectations.
We are committed to life-long learning and hope that as pupils and staff start their journey with us we can develop a love of learning and desire to do the best that they can. We are passionate about giving people the skills they need so they can make a valuable contribution to society and fulfil their dreams.
Professionalism and having the highest expectations is at the heart of everything that we do. As a National Teaching School, Oakwood Academy prides itself on its ability to engage with a wide variety of stakeholders and through hard work and determination we are able to undertake a variety of work that helps and supports others.
- Pupils and their needs are our priority.
- We are fully inclusive and welcome children from vulnerable groups.
- We continuously provide high quality professional development for all our staff.
- We follow the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions of Service.
- We work positively with Trade Unions and actively involve them in our decision making.
- We work collaboratively.
- To work in areas of challenge.
- To move all academies in the Trust to at least Good.
- To concentrate our work within a 60 mile radius of the central hub to ensure work is manageable.
- To have high quality academy and school governance at the heart of the process.
- To establish a strong centralised team to support the academy group which is well resourced.